Running a handmade emporium bursting with incredible talent and amazing creations, it goes without saying that we love handmade. However there are still some poor souls out there that haven’t yet discovered the beauty of handmade themselves. To help you out (we’re just so good to you!) here are 5 reasons you’ll want to buy everything handmade…
- The quality of handmade goods is far superior to the products from the high street that have been mass produced on automated machinery. Each stitch, fold, cut and placement has been scrutinised for perfection. Hand makers take so much pride in their work!
- Buying handmade could mean you’ll end up with a product that is completely unique and the only one in the world and if not, your item will be extremely rare. You’re not likely to end up on a night out and run into someone wearing the same handbag as you!
- You’ll have a direct line to the person who made it so, if there are any issues or you simply want to know the story behind the product’s creation, the maker will be more than willing to have a chat with you.
- Each piece is made by hand so if you’re looking for something specific you might be able to have your dream item handmade just for you with your input! Get something personalised or made up for a special occasion and have the only one in the world.
- You’re supporting the local community of small businesses, who are more likely to pour their money straight back into the handmade community too. You are making it possible for hand makers to run their businesses, that’s pretty cool don’t you think?
…and reason number 6 would be to just visit Our Handmade Collective. We guarantee you’ll be totally converted by the time you leave!
What are your favourite things about buying handmade? Do you have a special gift that is your absolute favourite? Please share with us in the comments below, or get in touch with us on Twitter and Facebook!
See you at the shop x